TP-LINK Router Firmware Update – How to do it Guide – All Models
If you have problems with your router, such as hang-up, slow work, poor wifi, resetting yourself, this guide will help you solve your problems. This guide applies to all TP-LINK routers. Step by step I will show you how to update the software. You will learn things like: how to check the model, how to check the software/hardware version, how to check default access page, how to check default password and username, how to chect default wifi name(ssid) and password.
TP-LINK Router Firmware Update
1) Check the router’s details on the bottom of the device.
2) Connect the power cable and 2 jr45 cables.
3) And 1 from the lan port to the computer. Or connect by WiFi if you don’t have 2 cables. Default wifi password pin and name ssid is localized on the bottom of the device.
4) Enter in the browser default router administration page, localized on the bottom of the device.
5) Enter username and password, default user name and password is localized on the bottom of the device.
6) Go to System Tools – Firmware Upgrade. Then open a new tab and enter https://www.tp-link.com/ and type in search bar your router model. Router model is localized on the bottom of the device.
7) Go to support and choose your hardware version. Hardware version is localized on the bottom of the device.
8) We go to the Firmware tab and we download the latest version.
9) Next extract files.
10) Goes back to router administration page, click choose file, we select the file that we downloaded in the bin format and click upgrade.
11) The last step is waiting about 2 minutes for the router to load new settings and reboot.